Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jumping Right In...

To borrow from a very funny movie, "There are two ways to get into the water. First you take your toe and you gently test the water’s temperature, and if that feels okay, then you slowly get in, letting your body adjust to the cold. Then there’s this way- you JUMP!" 

I'm definitely a jumper... not in a suicidal way but in a "I'm going to jump right in and get started" kind of way.

I'm a hardcore soccer fanatic and although I grew up in the states (not exactly soccer central) I have always been completely enchanted by this beautiful sport. I love everything about it, from the tactics to the masterful control that the players have over the ball. 


Obviously there are teams I love and teams I despise,  players I love and players I despise, I'm going to use this blog to discuss anything and everything soccer related. I love talking/arguing soccer so I hope to be doing that a lot. Soccer is always in season somewhere,  so there is always something new to talk about. There are different leagues and different national teams which equals to endless amounts of conversational topics.


Since I started off this spiel by quoting Mary Catherine Gallagher it would only be fitting to close it off by quoting another insightful human being, Patches O'Houlihan, "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball." Words to live by!

No comments:

Post a Comment